By Joseph F. Trimmer
Briefer, more cost-effective, and more straightforward to take advantage of than the MLA's personal guide, this well known publication positive factors present MLA guidance, a brand new part on comparing on-line assets, and an updated APA appendix. The advisor additionally offers various examples, a pattern study paper, and necessary tricks on such themes as warding off plagiarism and taking notes.
Read or Download A Guide to MLA Documentation (with an Appendix on APA Style), 8th Edition PDF
Similar nonfiction_6 books
- Fencing for Conservation: Restriction of Evolutionary Potential Or a Riposte to Threatening Processes?
- Just One Sip (Dark Ones 5)
- Medium Tank Mark A Whippet. Photo Book
- Seismic Discrimination Between Earthquakes, Explosions
- Experience with Computer-Based Systems in NPPs (csni-r1997-23)
- The Madonna of the Almonds
Extra info for A Guide to MLA Documentation (with an Appendix on APA Style), 8th Edition
2004). My tribe outside the global village. In K. D. ), Visual media and the humanities: A pedagogy of representation. Knoxville: University of Tennessee Press. [5,13] A Signed Article from a Daily Newspaper 7. Glanz, J. (2005, February 13). Iraqi insurgents step up attacks after election. New York Times, p. 12. [7,28] An Article from a Weekly or Biweekly Magazine 8. Mayer, J. (2005, February 14–21). Outsourcing torture. The New Yorker, 80, 106–123. [7,31] Appendix on APA Style / 39 An Article in a Journal with Continuous Pagination 9.
5. Annotated Student Research Paper / 29 ▼ 1/2" ▼ 1" Ahls 1 Carrie Ahls Mr. Johnson English 104 15 April 2009 Double-space The Problems with and Possibilities of Online Communities The emergence of online social networks has raised controversial questions about the meaning of identity and community in cyber- Indent five spaces or one-half inch. space. For example, to what extent do the identities users craft for online communication match their real identity? And to what extent does a virtual community approximate the traditions and values associated with real face-to-face communities?
Although fairy tales contain frightening information, they “thrill rather than terrify a healthy child” (Tuan, 1979, p. 20). 40 / A Guide to MLA Documentation 3. When you are quoting and you mention the name of the author in your sentence, place only the publication date and page number(s) in parentheses. Tuan (1979) suggests that the effect of fairy tales is muted by “the affectionate environment in which the stories are usually told” (p. 20). 4. If you use more than one source written in the same year by the same author, follow the pattern established in your reference list, and include the letter assigned to the source.